Historic Attractions and Museums in Brigus

The name "Brigus" is derived from "Brickhouse", an old town in England. As one of Newfoundland's great heritage of old historic settlements, Brigus stands out as one of those in the forefront. It counts among its settlers, pioneers from England, Ireland and Wales.

Brigus can trace its history back to the year 1612, when the Spracklin family purchased half the harbour from John Guy. It is the home of Newfoundland's first and only true Blueberry Festival held each year in August.




Copyright 2010, BNE-Web-Creations
Home :: Avalon :: Eastern :: Central :: Western :: Labrador :: Getting Here :: Pictures :: Contact Us :: Site Map :: Privacy Policy :: Disclaimer :: Terms Of Use