Grenfell Historic Properties

This complex celebrates the life of famed medical missionary Sir Wilfred Grenfell, who came to Labrador in the 1890s to provide medical care to the desperately poor fishermen of the Labrador coast. He later shifted to St. Anthony, where he and many dedicated people provided medical care to northern Newfoundland and Labrador.

Today, his life is the subject of a new interpretation centre at St. Anthony. The centre is also home to Grenfell Handicrafts. Also located in St. Anthony is the Dock House Museum. The dock house was originally built in 1929 and has been restored to its original look. The building was used to repair Grenfell Mission boats.

Location: Maraval Road, St. Anthony

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 93
St. Anthony, NL, A0K 4T0

Telephone: 709-454-4010

Fax: 709-454-4047

Copyright 2010, BNE-Web-Creations
Home :: Avalon :: Eastern :: Central :: Western :: Labrador :: Getting Here :: Pictures :: Contact Us :: Site Map :: Privacy Policy :: Disclaimer :: Terms Of Use