Quidi Vidi Battery Provincial Historic Site

Erected by the French during their capture of St. John's in 1762. Later rebuilt by the British, it was occupied until well into the 19th century. Restored to 1812 period. Learn all about the historic military presence in the St. John's area. In early summer, see icebergs and whales from the ramparts.

Season: July - Oct, Call for Dates 800-563-6353

Facilities and Services: Interpreters in period uniforms, scheduled events, guided tours and just 5 minutes from Signal Hill and the historic fishing village of Quidi Vidi

Location: Cuckhold's Cove Road, St. John's

Getting Here: Driving from downtown St. John's (5 minutes):
1.Quidi Vidi Road to Forest Road
2.Forest Road to Cuckhold's Cove Road
3.Keep going along Cuckhold's Cove Road (gravel) until you get to the parking lot at the end.

Walking from Signal Hill National Historic Site (30 mins): Take the Cuckhold's Cove trail towards Quidi Vidi Village


Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 8700
St. John's, NL, A1B 4J6

Telephone: 709-729-2977

Fax: 709-729-6745

Off Season Telephone: 709-729-0592

Off Season Fax: 709-729-0870

Copyright 2010, BNE-Web-Creations
Home :: Avalon :: Eastern :: Central :: Western :: Labrador :: Getting Here :: Pictures :: Contact Us :: Site Map :: Privacy Policy :: Disclaimer :: Terms Of Use