St. Thomas Anglican Church

St. Thomas Church was opened in 1836, is the oldest church in St. John's.

It is located at the corner of Military and King's Bridge Road, originally serving the members of the British Garrison at Fort William, which stood at the nearby site now occupied by the Fairmont Hotel Newfoundland.

The church survived the Great Fires of 1846 and 1892 as it was outside the main areas of destruction.

Season: June 24 - Aug 30, 9:30am-5:30pm

Location: 8 Military Road, St. John's

Mailing Address:
8 Military Road
St. John's, NL
Canada, A1C 2C4

Telephone: 709-576-6632

Fax: 709-576-2541

Copyright 2010, BNE-Web-Creations
Home :: Avalon :: Eastern :: Central :: Western :: Labrador :: Getting Here :: Pictures :: Contact Us :: Site Map :: Privacy Policy :: Disclaimer :: Terms Of Use