Lower Island Cove has an approximately 1/2km walking trail and a playground with picnic tables.
The Regatta is a popular event in August. The Flambo Head Museum and Coffee Shop, which has exhibits to explain the history and lifestyle of the region is operated by the Flambo Head Heritage Society.
In the old church cemetery there is a memorial to the 13 men from the schooner Six Brothers which left Lower Island Cover for Trinity Bay on May 25, 1883, never to return. It is a reminder of the large number of men along the shore who have lost their lives to the sea.