Port Hope Simpson is located on the south side of the Alexis River. It was founded in 1934 as a logging camp and was named after the Commissioner of Natural Resources, Sir John Hope Simpson.
This community has great natural assets nearby. Shinneys Water Complex makes up 2,500 square kilometers of over 1000 islands rising dramatically above sea level. These protected waters are ideal for all types of boating.
The Alexis River, an excellent salmon river has hosted George W. Bush
Services & Facilities;
Post office, community center with gymnasium, ski trails &chateau, youth centre, hotel, bed & breakfast, gas stations, diesel, restaurants, grocery stores, craft store, hardware store, computer design shop, snowmobile dealerships, saw mill, pottery studio, apartments, airstrip, helicopter landing pad