Salmon Cove is located 125 km from St. John's, on the Bay De Verde Peninsula. Salmon Cove became an incorporated town in August of 1974
Industries/Economic Activity: The original residents of Salmon Cove settled there due to the abundance of fish, and the fishery became the mainstay, until the mines opened on Bell Island in 1895. In 1967 the mines were closed influencing many former Salmon Cove residents to return to the fishery. Many of the residents work at fish plants in Carbonear and Bay de Verde, while others commute to nearby communities.
Community Center: Formerly known as the Salmon Cove Lions Community Center, is now owned by the Town of Salmon Cove and is operated by the Salmon/Perry's Cove Fire Department. The Community Center is host to a number of functions.
Salmon Cove Sands: Salmon Cove Sands offers 1/2 km of sandy beach, with backdrop of imposing cliffs carved over countless ages by the North Atlantic. 1600 feet of Boardwalk skirts the inner fringes of the beach with observation deck and lookout. A cooking chalet, concession chalet, tourist chalet, wheelchair accessible, toilet facilities, picnic area, seating benches a hiking trail with beautiful scenery, and much more.
The Trail of the Eagles (Hiking Trail): For those who love the great outdoors and look forward to an exhilarating three km hike, through pristine country, atop cliffs that rise one to two hundred feet above the open Atlantic. The Trail of the Eagles is a must to see and walk. Often visitors have an opportunity to observe Bald Eagles, Ruffed and Spruce Grouse, Red Squirrels and rabbits inhabit the area. Observation posts, lookouts, picnic areas and other facilities have been provided.