William's Harbour is located on the south side of Granby Island in Alexis Bay. It is accessible by boat and air in the summer and off course by snowmobile in the winter freeze up.
Until the late 1970's, William's Harbour was used only as a summer fishing station of nearby Rexon's Cove or Port Hope Simpson. The Harbour is believed to have been settled by the 1840's by the family of an Inuk named Samuel Kibenook (now spelled Kippenhuck), and was later joined by his son-in-law William Russell.
William's Harbour is the gateway to Gilbert Bay which has been designated a Marine Protected Area. A genetically and geographically distinct population of Atlantic cod, known as Gadus morhua, lives in the Bay.