Cape Norman Lighthouse


The first light tower at Cape Norman, constructed in 1871, was an octagonal wood-framed structure. It was replaced in 1905 with a cast iron structure encased in concrete, supported from the outside with six flying buttresses. This was replaced in 1963 with the present concrete structure.

Season: Jan1 - Dec 31

Location: Route 435, Cape Norman

Copyright 2010, BNE-Web-Creations
Home :: Avalon :: Eastern :: Central :: Western :: Labrador :: Getting Here :: Pictures :: Contact Us :: Site Map :: Privacy Policy :: Disclaimer :: Terms Of Use