Victoria, an inland farming town, is called the "crossroads to Trinity and Conception Bays, since it located on Route 74 which leads to Heart's Content.
Victoria, first settled in the 1820's by fishermen seeking its rich forest and fertile growing soil, was one of the first inland communities in the province. Its 1904 Hydro Electric Station (still operating) was the second in the province. It was the only electrical power source serving Conception Bay North and Heart's Content. At present it houses the original turbines and equipment from the periods of 1904,1907,and 1914.
The Victoria Heritage Society has developed a Heritage Park. The park includes a working water wheel and forge, a replica of a general store and a saltbox house. The Heritage Society also keeps Newfoundland animals, including Newfoundland goats and Newfoundland ponies. It supports a stable-sanctuary for the Newfoundland pony which has been in operation since 1999 to maintain the species for future generations.
On display is some of the equipment that was used with the pony in the farming, forestry and fishing industry over the past 300 years.